The purposes of the Association are to:
- Promote close working relationships and the sharing of resources among the Pentecostal theological educational institutions throughout Africa.
- Provide mechanisms for sharing resources and fostering collaboration on matters of mutual concern. This may include a resource website, online journal, publications, conferences, seminars, and consultations.
- Organize meetings and consultations for the members to encourage networking and to create awareness of societal and educational trends in theology, missions, leadership training, biblical studies, and church ministry.
- Encourage scholarly research and writing that inform the development of contextual theology, biblical studies, missiology, leadership training, church ministry, and Bible-based, sustainable development within the Pentecostal tradition.
- Provide criteria for members to assess the effectiveness of their working relationships with other member institutions.
- Promote the adoption and implementation of endorsement/accreditation standards and procedures for member institutions which preserve:
- The distinctives of the Pentecostal movement theologically and practically;
- Academic excellence;
- Efficient, accountable procedural systems;
- Spiritual life development of students;
- Effective leadership and ministry training for all students;
- Educational and training programs that are developed to meet the needs of the students, churches, communities, and contexts where they serve.
- Provide faculty enrichment resources to enhance learning outcomes.
- Establish standards for teacher performance and teacher certification.